From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] collab herd for cooperative pkg maintenance
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 01:23:24
1 On 03/23/2015 01:22 PM, Tim Harder wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > Having been around for a few years I've inherited or added quite a few
5 > pkgs to the tree that I wouldn't mind other people fixing/bumping/etc
6 > that don't fall into any current herds.
7 >
8 > With that in mind, I think it would be an interesting experiment if we
9 > had a collaborative herd (probably named "collab") that signals the
10 > status that anyone is generally free to fix, bump, or do sane things to
11 > the pkgs with the caveat that you fix what you break.
12 >
13 > Anyone else interested in such a setup?
16 It's not semantically correct, but it might be the easiest way to
17 actually get this working with a minimum of changes. I guess what you
18 really want is for the package to be maintainer-needed, but for you to
19 be CCed on bugs? That would require metadata.xml and probably tool
20 changes though.
21
22 However we wind up doing it, most of my packages would fall into this
23 category so I support the idea.