From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adsl and setup issues
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:04:31
1 On Monday, 22. April 2002 17:14, you wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I resently trippend over your distribution and now, about a week
5 > later, I'm pretty impressed. Spending most of my time at the
6 > university setting Gentoo up was a bliss and everything worked just
7 > marvelous.
8 >
9 > This weekend I had to spend time off university, off net to put it in
10 > perspective. So I took my notebook and tried to install over some
11 > adsl connection not getting very far at first. A lot of hassle later
12 > that worked to.
13 >
14 > The reason I contact you is to urge you to make the installation a
15 > bit easier especially over adsl dialup. Many people including many
16 > developers I work with would like to try Gentoo but don't because
17 > they do not like scanning newsgroups or message boards just for the
18 > sake of getting some Linux running.
21 perhaps you should be more specific about what you want. to me it
22 sounds like you want us to fix your adsl setup!?
23
24 since your from germany, it might be that you are referrring to the
25 pppoe stuff telekom makes you use. if you are requesting more
26 documentation on that, then you might be right....
27
28 perhaps you could, in a quick few steps, describe your procedure
29 and that way build the foundation for an extension of the existing
30 installation procedure... ?
31
32 > I really like the distribution and so I'd love to see you fixing that
33 > up, rather sooner than later.
36 but please consider contributing
37 thanks
38