From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 4.1.1 testing/stablization and glibc 2.4
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:39:13
1 On 6/27/06, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > OK, guys, I was speaking with vapier earlier about the possibility of
3 > getting gcc 4.1.1 stable for the 2006.1 release. We've managed to build
4 > some release media with it, and are planning on doing more testing with
5 > it. What we really need is for more people to test this on various
6 > platforms and to get all of the bugs worked out that we can. We're
7 > already ramping up our release cycle, and would like to get this
8 > included, so we don't have to wait until 2007 for a release with >= GCC
9 > 4.1 in it.
10 >
11 > We are also testing glibc 2.4, which will likely go to stable on the
12 > supporting architectures during the release cycle. We always welcome
13 > more testing, though. =]
14 >
15 I've been running gcc-4.1.1 and glibc-2.4-r3 for a while now and have
16 seen no problems running or compiling anything with them yet on x86.
17 > --
18 > Chris Gianelloni
19 > Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
20 > x86 Architecture Team
21 > Games - Developer
22 > Gentoo Linux
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list