From: thomas weidner <yasea@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: something like debconf for gentoo?
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:23:07
1 On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:11:21 +0200, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
4 >> The problem is, emerge should be non-interactive, meaning I could walk
5 >> away for 12 hours and have it be done when I come back, not have some
6 >> silly gentooconf screen waiting on the second of 250 packages. That's
7 >> why USE flags are nice. Of course, if one could go through gentooconf
8 >> all at once before starting, that might work too.
9 >
10 > Like debconf is only called when all packages are fetched, gentooconf
11 > should be called between fetching files and compiling.
12 > It's similar to the grouped log in emerge (display all messages in 1
13 > shot at the end of emerging).
14
15 that's a good idea,scan all packages first for gentooconf things,then do
16 the gentooconf stuff and then compile 250 packages non-interactively for
17 12h. (there aren't only useflags things to do with gentooconf)
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list