From: Marc Schiffbauer <mschiff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Common options missed in OpenRC declarative scripts and how to improve them
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 09:40:07
1 * Michael Orlitzky schrieb am 02.12.21 um 08:05 Uhr:
2 > On 2021-12-02 08:12:55, Alec Warner wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Can we automate any of it? Emit QA warnings? etc.
7 > I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think so. We have two
8 > main problems. First, The service scripts are POSIX sh, which is
9 > better than bash, but still can't easily be parsed for semantic
10 > information.
11 >
12 > Second, if the daemon is "special," then the service script is
13 > justified in being similarly unconventional. Unusual runtime behavior
14 > can't be statically detected, and I doubt that the well-behaved
15 > portion of daemons in the tree is large enough that we can warn about
16 > every script that smells a little bit fishy.
17
18 For "special" daemons, the ebuild could just set a QA_* variable to
19 silence a qa warning if required.
20
21 -Marc