From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Russell Tennant <russ@×××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla: Firebird-bin & Firebird-cvs
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 05:38:29
I'm not handling the firebird browser stuff, so I can't address all of
your concerns, but technically speaking, there would be no name
collision in portage.  Firebird the database is dev-db/firebird.
Firebird the browser would be net-www/firebird, net-www/firebird-bin,
etc.  I don't know which one would be chosen if you type "emerge
firebird".  To be sure to get the right package, you'd have to specify
the category on the emerge commandline too ("emerge
net-www/firebird").   Naming it MozillaFirebird would be a violation of
Gentoo's development policy because of the capitalization
(mozillafirebird or mozilla-firebird would be ok).

On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 23:54, Russell Tennant wrote:
> > - conflict with firebird-db
> Why not call it MozillaFirebird like they do at This should > avoid a name collision.
-- Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o> Developer, Gentoo Linux Hardened Gentoo Project "Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot, but people built perfectly good brick walls long before they knew why cement works."-Alan Cox Public Key: Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla: Firebird-bin & Firebird-cvs Alastair 'liquidx' Tse <liquidx@g.o>