From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Russell Tennant <russ@×××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla: Firebird-bin & Firebird-cvs
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 05:38:29
1 I'm not handling the firebird browser stuff, so I can't address all of
2 your concerns, but technically speaking, there would be no name
3 collision in portage. Firebird the database is dev-db/firebird.
4 Firebird the browser would be net-www/firebird, net-www/firebird-bin,
5 etc. I don't know which one would be chosen if you type "emerge
6 firebird". To be sure to get the right package, you'd have to specify
7 the category on the emerge commandline too ("emerge
8 net-www/firebird"). Naming it MozillaFirebird would be a violation of
9 Gentoo's development policy because of the capitalization
10 (mozillafirebird or mozilla-firebird would be ok).
11