From: "Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: How deprecated is /usr/X11R6?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:42:20
1 On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
3 > Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
4 >> Sure, this packages work just fine thanks to the "/usr/X11R6 ->
5 >> ../usr" symlink, so there is no real issue with that. But i was
6 >> wondering whether the long term goal is to get ride of this
7 >> symlink, and if so, whether it was time to start reporting/fixing
8 >> them. In short, would enhancement bugreports about them be ok or
9 >> invalid?
10 >
11 > In my view, they would be great. Unfortunately I don't maintain
12 > everything that installs to /usr/X11R6.
13 >
14 > Some maintainers may not particularly care about this, so supplying
15 > patches with your bugs could help.
16
17 I'm going to say, "patches with your bugs are required". We don't need a
18 bunch of bugs about this since it's pretty obvious when packages install
19 things there.
20
21 Michael Sterrett
22 -Mr. Bones.-