From: expose@×××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nero-3.0.0.0 license needs RESTRICT="fetch" ?
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:45:30
1 Am Freitag, 6. Juli 2007 14:09 schrieb Samuli Suominen:
2 > Missed something before.. But after reading this it leads me to
3 > conclusion nero-3.0.0.0 needs RESTRICT="fetch"? Would someone be kind
4 > enough to take a look for me to get a second opinion as it might be out
5 > of context / I'm overlooking something. Now, it's RESTRICT="mirror".
6 >
7 > Also, I failed to see such ACCEPT button in their homepage.. but I see
8 > one after starting it(!).
9 >
10 > ${PORTDIR/licenses/Nero
11 >
12 > <snip>
13 >
14 > B.BY INSTALLING THE DOWNLOADED SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND
15 > BY THE TER MS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY MEANS OF CLICKING THE “ACCEPT”
16 > BUTTON ON THE WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS
17 > AGREEMENT, PROMPTLY UNINSTALL AND DELETE THE SOFTWARE AND ALL THE
18 > ACCOMPANYING ITEMS (INCLUDING DOCUMENTATION OR MANUALS).
19 >
20 > </snip>
21
22 Reads confusing: First accept the license via the (non-existent)
23 Website-Button in order to download at all, but then uninstall, if you
24 disagree?!
25 Looks like they changed the behaviour of their website/software but adopted
26 the license text in an confusing way.
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list