From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: Benjamin Coles <sj7trunks@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ATTN ALL DEVS
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:32:03
1 Sorry I haven't replied sooner - I've just come back from holiday ...
2
3 On Friday 26 September 2003 10:43 pm, Benjamin Coles wrote:
4 > Paul de Vrieze and I are currently collecting data from
5 > all the developers such as personal info, project info, and other various
6 > info.
7
8 Which country are you in, and under which country's data protection laws will
9 this information fall under? If you are gathering this information, and you
10 are based inside the EU (as I know Paul is), then exporting this data to the
11 US (where Gentoo Inc is incorporated) falls under EU law.
12
13 The following information I don't have a problem with :)
14
15 > What I need from you?
16 >
17 > Public Information
18 > Alias
19 > First Name/Last name
20 > Email@g.o
21 > Date Joined
22 > Country
23 > pgp key - optional
24 > Alt Webpage - Optional, personal, nothing incriminating
25 > Project/Herd - If you have yet to join one, you can include a description
26 > - of what you're doing
27 > Passport type photo: optional - size 140x100
28 >
29 > Private restricted to Dev only information
30 > personal picture - what you would like to have on GWN if you're featured
31 > 430x334 - gives you some warning=) Optional
34 But this information I do :)
35
36 > Birthday
37 > AltEmail
38 > Private restricted to Management only information
39 > Snail Mail Address
40 > Phone
41 > AltPhone
42
43 You need to convince me that you are going to hold this sort of information in
44 a secure manner, and that you have the infrastructure in place to administer
45 this information for the future. That includes internal procedures governing
46 access to this information. Naturally, being a UK citizen, I'd prefer you
47 meet the standards of data management that our laws require.
48
49 Otherwise you can whistle ;-)
50
51 Best regards,
52 Stu
53 --
54 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
55 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
56 Beta packages for download http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/packages/
57 Come and meet me in March 2004 http://www.phparch.com/cruise/
58
59 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
60 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
61 --