From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] changing EAPI on existing ebuilds. To bump or not?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:27:37
1 Ciaran McCreesh kirjoitti:
2 > On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:39:41 +1300
3 > Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Anyway, would be nice to get some feedback, idea's on this and
5 >> hopefully also a more detailed explaination from a pm's perspective
6 >> (if there is one).
7 >
8 > For current EAPIs, there's nothing specifically wrong about changing
9 > EAPI from a package manager perspective. If future EAPIs change the
10 > metadata they install or the way the treat use flags, there might be
11 > issues, but it's safe to do 0 to 1 to 2.
14 Yeah I think the current issues we are seeing can be considerd a Portage
15 bug. I don't think I got any reports with EAPI 1 when switching it for
16 existing ebuilds so maybe there is something different in the code base
17 this time.
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri