From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:09:15
1 Hiya,
2
3 On Tuesday 13 March 2007 03:12, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
4 > Hiya all,
5 >
6 > As some of you are already aware, I was at the last Council meeting
7 > given a Task. This Task was to draft a proposed Code of Conduct for
8 > Gentoo, and a scheme for enforcing it. The current version of this
9 > proposal can be found at http://dev.gentoo.org/~christel/coc.xml
10 > comments and suggestions both on- and off-list are appreciated.
11 >
12 > Any input will have to be received by Thursday, 15 March, 1200GMT in
13 > order to be useful; the Council will be voting on it later that day at
14 > 2100UTC.
15 I wrote to Christel earlier today about this. But AFAIR we usually have at
16 least a week to discuss such proposals. Apart from that enforcing our users
17 this code of conduct with only three days of discussion is not what I find
18 user friendly.
19
20 Before getting into any detail, perhaps in another mail, I have one objection
21 to this proposal.
22
23 I think it is a waste of time giving more paper rules for Devrel to enforce
24 http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/branches/1.2/channels/chan_sip.c?r1=58052&r2=56230as
25 long as they are in effect powerless to stop Gentoo developers from bad
26 behaviour. As long as we as a group of developers can't even live up to the
27 code of conduct we have agreed upon I don't think it is wise to enforce such
28 conduct on the rest of the community.
29
30 I do support more power to Devrel but lets try to keep the house clean before
31 we take care of the garden.
32
33 Thank you for your time.
36 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen (Jaervosz)