From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Indention in metadata.xml
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 02:00:47
1 On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 3:26 AM, Justin Lecher (jlec) <jlec@g.o> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > Hi everyone,
6 >
7 > Can we get an agreement on how we are indenting metadata.xml?
8 >
9 > I like to properly format and indent metadata.xml, but without having
10 > an agreement or policy on the indention, I make unhappy by choosing
11 > the wrong.
12 >
13 > The two options which are already suggested are
14 >
15 > * 2 spaces
16 > * single tab
17 >
18 > So what should it be?
19
20 My 2 cents: So long as it is a well-formed XML document and doesn't
21 look horribly ugly in an editor, it really doesn't matter what we use,
22 and I don't think we need a policy for it.
23
24 For scripting, I would recommend using an XML parser/emitter.
25 Compatibility with sed scripts is not something I care about.