From: Paulo da Silva <psdasilva@×××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: [gentoo-user] /etc/init.d/hdparm: Strange activity, No action!!!]
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:07:29
1 I posted this to gentoo-user but got no answers.
2 Any help here?
3
4 BTW, I replaced the hdparm script for a simple one
5 just to execute hdparm for each of my 3 IDE disks.
6 It is working pretty fine.
7
8 Thank you.
9
10 -------- Mensagem Original --------
11 Assunto: [gentoo-user] /etc/init.d/hdparm: Strange activity, No action!!!
12 Data: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:47:59 +0100
13 De: Paulo da Silva <psdasilva@×××××××××.pt>
14 Responder-Para: gentoo-user@g.o
15 Para: gentoo-user@g.o
19 I have been playing with openmosix kernel.
20 During the boot process, hdparm causes a lot of disk activity for
21 a long period (>2 mins) and does not activate the dma, for ex.
22
23 I have *not* changed the configuration from previous kernels.
24
25 hdparm program commands work fine!
26
27 I tried to launch the script manually. The same thing happens and
28 the computer remained blocked even crashed my X-kde session.
29
30 I tried to debug placing "ewarns" into the script but I only got
31 1 output - procedure checkconfig just before the first "for".
32 for i in `dir /dev/discs`
33
34 dir /dev/discs manually executed gives a correct response!
35 disc0 disc1 disc2
36
37 Perhaps the ewarn outputs are somehow buffered.
38 Is there a better way to debug the rc scripts?
39
40 I can't see any reason for this strange behaviour.
41
42 Thanks for any help.
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
50 .