From: Stefan Jones <cretin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>, gentoo-core <gentoo-core@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Prelinking in Gentoo and interactions with portage
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:40:10
1 Hi ppl, I have make a draft version of the portage changes needed.
2
3 I am not a python programmer, or want to be! The code can be optimised a
4 bit but I believe that prelink was well programmed so all checks for
5 file type etc are best handled by C based prelink, as long as os.system
6 is fast.
7
8 I have created code which adds support for the FEATURE flag prelink.
9 If it exists it uses prelink to verify the md5sums.
10 Also it prelinks files as they are installed.
11
12 Most importantly it works for me! Happy testing!
13
14 code:
15 download from
16 http://cvs.gentoo.org/~cretin/portage.py
17 This is based on the latest CVS portage
18
19 TODO:
20 * Safety checks for existence of /usr/sbin/prelink
21 * optimise to minimise number of calls to prelink
22 * see if a less IO intensive md5sum method exists (of course it does!)
23
24 now to sleep .....
27 Stefan Jones <cretin@g.o>
28 Gentoo Linux