From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [QA] New policy: 'files' directory must not be larger than 32 KiB
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:10:30
1 On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:23:21 +0100
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Am Sonntag, 17. Dezember 2017, 14:21:10 CET schrieb Michał Górny:
5 > > Hello, everyone.
6 > >
7 > > It's my pleasure to announce that with a majority vote the QA team has
8 > > accepted a new policy. The accepted wording is:
9 > >
10 > > Total size of 'files' subdirectory of a package should not be larger
11 > > than 32 KiB. If the package needs more auxiliary files, they should
12 > > be put into SRC_URI e.g. via tarballs.
13 > >
14 > > (the total size being computed as a sum of apparent file sizes)
17 > This is hard (but not impossible I guess) for toolchain stuff, even though we
18 > have already most patches in external tarballs, since we want to keep some old
19 > versions of packages available.
20 >
21 > huettel@pinacolada ~/Gentoo/gentoo/sys-libs/glibc/files $ du -sh .
22 > 152K .
23
24 Is this the right measure? Actual disk usage will vary depending on
25 block size. For me, this is only 94K. "du -bsh" gives the true byte
26 total as 79K.
29 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
30 Gentoo Linux Developer