From: m1027 <m1027@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Make 'man' global USE flag from currently local
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 11:57:48
1 toralf:
2
3 > On 2/13/21 12:16 PM, Alessandro Barbieri wrote:
4 > >
5 > > IMO manpages should be installed unconditionally and the useflag dropped
6 >
7 > I'd like to disagree - IIRC there're packages with a ridiculous large
8 > and expensive dep tree just to build their man pages.
9
10 Agreed. That's saying a man page fan. :-)
11
12 There might be good resons for developers to not pre-build their man
13 pages. At least, we cannot change that.