From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:18:27
1 Fernando J. Pereda wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 03:49:44PM -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >
4 >> Stephen Bennett wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:16:38 -0400
7 >>> Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>> So apparently as little as 1 council member can make a decision and it
12 >>>> be binding unless appealed to the entire council at the next meeting.
13 >>>>
14 >>>>
15 >>> There were three council members who happened to be around at the time,
16 >>> and those three agreed unanimously. That seems reasonable to me for an
17 >>> interim decision.
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >> Is it that serious of an issue that it needed to be done as such and
21 >> could not wait for a regular council meeting?
22 >>
23 >> Granted I understand it's important for you paludis users since paludis
24 >> doesn't support that.
25 >> But I'm talking about real Gentoo users that use Portage.
28 > You mean real Gentoo users that use a Portage version that don't support
29 > multiple suffixes, right ?
30 >
31 Portage doesn't support it in very old versions. The ebuilds in question
32 are marked ~arch. Any one using ~arch with an old version of Portage
33 would have been forced to upgrade by the point of installing those
34 ebuilds. Also, Portage gracefully handles the situation by ignoring
35 those ebuilds.
36 > Oh... also... paludis supports it in trunk. Could you please stop the
37 > conspiracy theories ?
38 >
39 > - ferdy
42 Like I previously stated, I apologize for not running the very latest
43 Paludis trunk. I only have actual releases available to me and those
44 releases, including the newest one do not support it.
48 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list