From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AA and KDE in gentoo - solved !!
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:37:11
1 On Thursday 19 July 2001 01:04, you wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 10:25:35PM +0100, Viktor Lakics wrote:
3 > > Dear Gentooers,
4 > >
5 > > Thanks for Sebastian, the AA problem is actually solved. To get AA
6 > > everywhere,
7 > >
8 > > you need to change that line in startkde...
9 > >
10 > > This is obviously a bug in the script. I tried Dan's suggestion, chaged
11 > > the evironment variable everywhere, no success. Then I cleaned all my
12 > > changes, and realized that when I set AA on in kcontrol and restart KDE,
13 > > QT_XFT is turned on anyway...(echo $QT_XFT tells it). So the problem is
14 > > NOT the QT_XFT variable isn't being set, but something else.
15 > >
16 > > So again:
17 > >
18 > > Change
19 > >
20 > > > the line:
21 > > > LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit +kcminit
23 > > > kdeinit +kcminit
24 > > > in the startkde script.
25 >
26 > Due to the huge volume of gentoo-dev email, I haven't been completely
27 > following this post, but can we have a developer volunteer to fix this on
28 > CVS? Much thanks,
29
30 I don't think it should be fixed on CVS. The original version (with
31 LD_BIND_NOW set) gives much faster program loading (dynamic binding?), and it
32 works fine for me and many others. It shuold only be changed if it doesn't
33 work.
37 Dan Armak
38 Gentoo Linux Developer
39 Matan, Israel