From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Remove your modular X unmask
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:46:56
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Is it worth posting bugs on these yet? Gentoo or upstream? Any tracker
3 > bug to point me at? (I have the binpkgs so can remerge them for
4 > additional testing with little trouble, if necessary.)
5
6 Yes, and they are most likely upstream bugs. Two things to do before
7 posting a bug:
8 1) Make sure you're using drivers known to be compatible with 1.0.99.
9 2) Check out your X log for errors.
10 3) For the RandR bugs, see whether running xrandr allows you to change
11 resolutions, and make sure your XKB is working (setxkbmap -print).
12
13 > It's impressive enough to have me eagerly awaiting the next rc. Good work
14 > both here and upstream! Is the proposed schedule on the wiki at
15 > desktop.org still valid? A couple more RCs, and release in about a month
16 > if all goes well?
17
18 Sounds pretty reasonable.
19