From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] upcoming mirror cleansing
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:49:42
1 Hola all.
2
3 So mirror-dist is ready to go, infra side of it being set for a final
4 testing run then switching it live if things go fine after next
5 weekend.
6
7 Why this matters- around 10,000 files out of 28,600 files will be
8 removed from the mirrors network. Either
9
10 A) no ebuild claims that distfile. it's orphaned on our mirrors
11 B) RESTRICT="fetch" is set for the ebuild. We don't mirror those
12 files.
13 C) RESTRICT="mirror" is set for the ebuild. Again, we don't mirror
14 those files, in this case we defer to another network (I don't make
15 the rules, that's just how it's done)
16
17 Bugs may exist, but I'd suggest you take a hard look at the reasons
18 above to verify it's actually a bug. Should you find one, kindly
19 email me.
20
21 A quicky report of flies that'll be ixnayed is available at
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/failure.xml
23 Sorry about the size, it'll come down after the 10,000 deletion is
24 swallowed. The deletion dates should be ignored. They're accurate
25 for the testing, but aren't the actual dates when the files will be
26 removed from the mirrors (the deletion dates will be off till this is
27 live).
28
29 Aside from that, kindly check the failed fetches on the list. If one
30 of your ebuilds is in that list, either no valid URI could be found,
31 or you doffed the SRC_URI for it (mirror:// w/out a mirror has been
32 common).
33
34 That's all. Eat the pudding.
35 ~brian