From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] using unsermake instead of automake to speed up distcc
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 06:50:59
1 On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 16:44, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Someone posted an article[1] about optimizing distcc a few days ago on -user. It talked
3 > about using unsermake[2] instead of automake to generate Makefiles that let many source
4 > files be built at once, which allows you to take full advantage of a network full of
5 > distcc hosts. Did any of the devs take a look at it? It appears to only be available
6 > through KDE CVS, but that's never stopped any of you before :)
7 >
8 > [1] http://www.csh.rit.edu/slashdot/distcc.html
9 > [2] http://www.kde.me.uk/index.php?page=unsermake
10
11 I did attempt to hack the kde-cvs eclass to use unsermake, it didn't
12 work too badly, the only problem was that every time you built a kde-cvs
13 based package the unsermake dir would be re-fetched.
14
15 I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to create a standalone unsermake
16 ebuild, however unsermake was a little unreliable last time I tried it.
19 Troy Dack http://linux.tkdack.com
20 <troy@××××××.com> http://webportage.sf.net
21
22 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C
23 Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96 92E5 FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list