From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: shoving utils from xpdf to poppler...
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:35:50
1 On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 17:18 +0100, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > Hi Daniel,
3 >
4 > what you've done breaks runtime dependencies, if not for other packages so at
5 > least for KDE. Such a change should be announced on the gentoo-dev mailing
6 > list before you do it. Also a tracking bug to coordinate stabilization of new
7 > ebuild revisions will be needed, once the changed ebuilds go stable. Moreover
8 > you're not free to put a 200k patch into cvs, 20k is the accepted maximum.
11 It's not supposed to break runtime dependencies. Everything that was
12 installed before is installed now, in the same location. I therefore
13 didn't feel it should case problems and that it wouldn't require
14 coordination. Could you please elaborate, possibly with a bug?
15
16 I'll fix the patch. I didn't see repoman complain, but I may have just
17 missed it. Sorry about that.
18
19 Daniel