From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problems adding /dev/mouse
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:25:43
1 On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 09:18:48PM +0200, Sebastian Werner wrote:
2
3 > Create the link in /dev-state should work, i think
4
5 No, that won't work.
6
7 > If I just make a link from /dev/psaux to /dev/mouse it's overwritten next
8 > time I reboot. I know this is probably stupid, but how do I get my link to
9 > stay? Or, how do I make /dev/mouse the right way? Thanks in advance.
10
11 Add this to your devfsd.conf and HUP devfsd:
12
13 REGISTER ^misc/psaux$ CFUNCTION GLOBAL symlink misc/psaux mouse
14 UNREGISTER ^misc/psaux$ CFUNCTION GLOBAL unlink mouse
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
20 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org