From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Staging 'einstalldocs' for EAPI 6
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:35:57
1 >>>>> On Wed, 21 Aug 2013, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2
3 > Could appending to DOCS be allowed? I have seen a lot of time of me
4 > needing to install all docs "manually" only to add a doc file over
5 > default DOCS. Would be interesting to simply do: DOCS+=( otherfile )
6
7 > instead of needing to specify all files handled by the install
8 > function
9
10 We discussed this in bug 449806 already. Problems that need to be
11 solved:
12 - If we want to keep support for both array and whitespace-separated
13 list then we can't preset a global variable.
14 - How do we distinguish between DOCS being unset (i.e. install default
15 docs) and DOCS being empty (i.e. don't install anything)?
16 - We could introduce some special syntax like a __default__ marker,
17 but do we want such in-band signalling?
18
19 Ulrich