From: "C Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
To: "Anthony G. Basile" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: LLVM
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:56:53
1 @mgorny may be able to help with some of this and has quite a bit of
2 experience building clang/llvm. Where I work we use a "wrapper" that
3 helps coordinate a lot of the moving pieces.
4
5 https://github.com/pathscale/llvm-suite/
6
7 This may not be the perfect "gentoo" way to handle it, but the
8 approach would produce a clean and correct compiler. With llvm
9 dependencies getting more and more complicated, I'm not sure if it
10 would be possible to have both a gnu-free and also perfect
11 1-project-source-repo:1-ebuild ratio.
12
13 I'm sure there's llvm/clang ebuilds already and curious what others think..