From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc 2.16/19 for Gentoo Prefix on antique kernels
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 10:33:41
1 Hi Michał,
2
3 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> writes:
4
5 > I don't think this is the first old version Prefix team needs keeping.
6 > Another example are old versions of LLVM.
7
8 I am sure you are aware that Prefix has two variants: one is
9 prefix-rpath targeting MacOS, Solaris, AIX, Cygwin, Interix and a subset
10 of GNU/Linux; the other is prefix-standalone, targeting GNU/Linux and
11 Android/Linux.[1]
12
13 For LLVM example, it is prefix-rpath, which hosts its own overlay at
14 repo/proj/prefix.git. Besides LLVM there are other hacks at present in
15 the overlay. But we still keep the ultimate goal of merging prefix.git
16 into gentoo.git.
17
18 What we are discussing in this thread, however, is prefix-standalone, it
19 uses the official gentoo repository without any overlay. It works
20 perfectly for kernel-2.6.26+ and linux-3.2+. So, creating an overlay of
21 2 ebuilds for prefix-standalone is an overkill.
22
23 Yours,
24 Benda
25