From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP81 and /home
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 03:17:08
1 On 1/19/20 9:52 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Fantasy scenarios again. I'm not going to debunk a system that you just
4 >> thought up and that has never existed. Why don't you find one person who
5 >> actually does this, and see if it bothers him if we create a home
6 >> directory under /home where it belongs?
7 >
8 > Uh, I'm pretty confident that nothing in my /home is owned by a UID
9 > under 1000, or has an ACL referencing such a UID. I just checked with
10 > myself and I don't want you creating directories in /home.
11
12 This is retarded, stop wasting my time.
15 >>>
16 >>> I mean, would it kill you to just talk to QA first?
17 >>
18 >> I've already got responses from two QA members. This thread is pretty
19 >> hard to miss.
20 >
21 > Well, then why go posting stuff like "guess we'll be triggering a
22 > warning after all?"
23
24 If these two things are logically connected, I don't see it.
28 >> I'm working on a patch for the install-qa-check.d check
29 >> and I'm sure I'll get more when I post it.
30 >
31 > Are you just allowing it to not create the directory, or are we
32 > considering patching it to allow creating stuff under /home? It would
33 > seem that the policy would also need updating in that case, but
34 > probably not the former.
37 The patch will make an exception for acct-user packages only; for /home,
38 /home/${PN}, and /home/${PN}/.keep*. In other words, it makes things
39 work exactly how they did before the GLEP81 eclass started keepdir'ing
40 the home directory.