From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: logrotate
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:10:56
1 On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 10:30 +0200, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to propose a new global USE flag named 'logrotate' to add
5 > support for app-admin/logrotate (by installing logrotate config files
6 > to /etc/logrotate.d/).
7 >
8 > There are currently one local USE flag named logrotate in
9 > net-proxy/squid, which of course isn't enough to justify having a global
10 > USE flag - but it seems other packages, at least app-admin/syslog-ng,
11 > currently unconditionally install a config file to /etc/logrotate.d/.
12 >
13 > There are 4 open enhancement requests in Gentoo bugzilla about ebuilds
14 > which could install such a config file, and I am sure many other ebuilds
15 > could as well (anything that logs to a file).
16 >
17 > If there are no objections to this I will make 'logrotate' a global USE
18 > flag once I add a logrotate config file to sys-power/acpid.
19 >
20 > Sincerely,
21 > Brix
22
23 -1 from me.. Make it default to on and install the files. its minimal
24 overhead and can be toggled to be disabled with the "minimal" USE flag,
25 Just avoiding pollution...
28 //Spider
29 --
30 begin .signature