From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] leaving the bleeding edge
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:54:19
1 On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 08:22:56AM -0600, Justin Vander Ziel wrote:
2
3 > I hate to leave so early in the game, especially after the latest round (Vol
4 > 1 #10) of e-mail and the emerging opportunities for participation in the
5 > process. But the truth is that I work full time (on Microsoft, unfortunately)
6 > and I'll be taking a programming class starting next week and I won't have
7 > much time to contribute. What's perhaps more important is that my spare pcs
8 > are Sparcs (SS2s) and not really suited for dial-up nor for i386 development
9 > and I'd like to be able to use linux for the class. Though I'd hoped to have
10 > a version of Gentoo up and running, I've discovered that there is a reason
11 > developers refer to this as the bleeding edge. B) So I'll be watching from
12 > the side lines until I am able to contribute more, perhaps this summer.
13
14 We'll make sure to smooth out some of those rough edges in the near future and
15 we look forward to seeing you this summer :)
16
17 Best Regards,
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
21 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org