From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Python 2.7.4, 3.2.4, 3.3.1 updates
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 01:51:40
1 On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM, heroxbd <heroxbd@g.o> wrote:
2 > Dear Mike,
3 >
4 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 >> This seems like a good opportunity to add slot operator deps and
7 >> remove some prefix workarounds. We can keep an old ebuild around to
8 >> facilitate upgrades if we need to.
9 >
10 > What kind of prefix workaround are you referring to?
13 Nothing too exciting; just some logic to define EPREFIX in EAPI 2. A
14 simple upgrade to EAPI 3 would suffice for that.
15
16 > This reminds me that Prefix team is maintaining aqua support (GUI for
17 > Mac OS X) in Python in their own overlay for a long time. I'd like to
18 > see it merged to gx86. If feasible, I am going to run out a patch for
19 > review.
22 Sounds good to me. Is it something that can be submitted upstream, at
23 least for Python 3.3+?