From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Apache 2
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:17:13
1 Is there progress being made on Apache2? It seems that that ebuild is
2 horribly broken (and masked). I noticed it is putting binaries into
3 /usr/local rather than /usr. I am beginning to hack on it, but I have also
4 noticed that other ebuilds, such as mod_php will not play well with an
5 Apache 2 installation.
6
7 I wonder if we might add apache2 to USE in /etc/make.conf? Can we start
8 making these ebuilds friendly between versions of Apache (i.e. the
9 aforementioned mod_php)? When can this be added to the portage tree and
10 unmasked?
11
12 I am asking this because many of the java development platforms I want
13 really will work better with Apache 2 (i.e. mod_jk2, mod_webapp).
14
15 Thanks in advance,
16
17 Tom Veldhouse