From: Jean Jordaan <jean@×××××××××××××××××.za>
To: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage in Prolog: how about logic programming in Python?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:02:30
1 'lo Pieter
2
3 Thanks for taking a look!
4
5 > However I saw the following warning:
6 >
7 > WARNING: The cut doesn't work well in the current PyLog version
8
9 Ah, but as usual with these open source things the next line is
10 "Any collaboration is welcome ;-)" .. perhaps your prolog zen is
11 deep enough to disolve the difficulty the PyLog devs saw :]
12
13 > I was under the impression that prolog has very few dependencies
14 > and is able to interact with most languages (including python),
15
16 My concern as a relative outsider is just that I love to be able
17 to browse the source of the glue that holds my system together,
18 namely portage, with some chance of understanding it .. which is
19 way higher with Python than with Prolog .. that said, PyLog parses
20 Prolog .. so much for that idea I guess.
21
22 Regards,
23 --
24 Jean Jordaan