From: "Michał Górny" <gentoo@××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] toolchain-funcs.eclass: functions to call compiler
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 13:17:14
1 On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 17:56:38 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wednesday, June 02, 2010 09:17:00 Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 03:16:12 -0400 Mike Frysinger wrote:
6 > > > use emake then and leverage make's implicit rules.
7 > >
8 > > The implicit make rules are less universal and -- in the fact --
9 > > pretty poor. They're strictly make-dependant, which reduces the
10 > > amount of control over their behavior. In my opinion, if we should
11 > > ever use such behavior, it should be rather technical
12 > > implementation of the functions I'm proposing instead of inline use.
13 >
14 > ebuilds requires GNU make which means the implicit rules are
15 > "universal". not that i really know what you're talking about. the
16 > rules are also clearly documented and support all the proper flags we
17 > currently support.
18
19 Ok, if we can surely assume 'emake' will always call GNU Make, then I
20 agree with your solution and withdraw my ideas.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny
25
26 <http://mgorny.alt.pl>