From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:11:37
1 Dnia 2014-07-21, o godz. 22:42:23
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > So, -1, useless rebuilds is one of the biggest problems lately,
5
6 [citation needed].
7
8 In other words, please support such claims with evidence. Because
9 honestly I didn't see very much people complaining about unnecessary
10 rebuilds, except in this specific thread.
11
12 But I guess they're indeed a larger issue than, for example, portage
13 forcing wrong branches of || dependencies or other dependency
14 calculation errors that result in people being unable to update their
15 systems. But I don't really visit Forums often.
16
17 > it's an
18 > relatively new problem,
19 > people are revbumping packages for the simplest things like EAPI4->5
20
21 If you ever happen to change EAPI in a stable ebuild without revbump,
22 please be kind enough to revoke your own commit rights. Thanks.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny