From: Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Review: news item and script for CPU_FLAGS_X86
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 21:45:47
1 On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 01/23/2015 03:22 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > Dnia 2015-01-23, o godz. 14:26:48
5 > > Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> napisał(a):
6 > >
7 > >> On 01/23/2015 02:13 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
8 > >>> To help you enable the correct USE flags, we are providing a Python
9 > >>> script which generates the correct value from your /proc/cpuinfo [1].
10 > >>> The Python script can be downloaded and executed using the following
11 > >>> command:
12 > >>>
13 > >>> $ wget -O - dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86.py | python
14 > >>
15 > >> Can we not encourage people to pipe stuff from a plain-http website into
16 > >> an interpreter?
17 > >
18 > > Find a better solution.
21 If you trust GitHub, put it on a Gist, and it'll be accessible via HTTPS
22 and SSH.
23 If the "raw" URL is too ugly, and you trust Google, use the HTTPS version
24 of goo.gl to shorten it.
27 > Even `wget --no-check-certificate` would be a big improvement. Or since
28 > Firefox seems happy with the dev.gentoo.org certificate, we could just
29 > ask them to download it with their browsers.
30 >
31 > Longer term: can we make wget like our SSL certificate?
34 "DigiCert SHA2 High Assurance Server CA" is not in ca-certificates.
35 Funnily, DigiCert's download link for it is via plain HTTP so reasonable
36 paranoia demands manually verifying the chain after downloading.