From: Alex Alexander <alex.alexander@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Hardened is planning on restructuring its profiles
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 15:46:07
1 On 6 Nov 2010, at 16:37, "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
4 > Hi everyone,
5 >
6 > The hardened team is planning to restructure its profiles so that there
7 > is no version. Thus on a amd64 system,
8 >
9 > [8] hardened/linux/amd64/10.0
10 > [9] hardened/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib
11 >
12 > would appear as
13 >
14 > [8] hardened/linux/amd64
15 > [9] hardened/linux/amd64/no-multilib
16 >
17 > We're planning on starting with the minor arches and then moving onto
18 > x86 and amd64. Since this has the potential to impact all profiles
19 > (given the complex inheritance structure), we'd like any feedback or
20 > caveats before we proceed.
21 >
22 > Anthony G. Basile (blueness)
23 > and the hardened team
24 >
25 > --
26 > Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
27 > Gentoo Developer
31 I'd like to know why you made this decision :)
32
33 also, what will you do in the future if the need to make a change that breaks stuff shows up?
34
35 Alex | wired | sent from my i4