From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] sys-libs/db, emerge and revdep-rebuild
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 07:35:15
1 Hi there,
2
3 I had a different problem with the db upgrade last week: postfix
4 broke. I had to run revdep-rebuild to fix it; this is fine, except
5 that nothing prompted me to run revdep-rebuild. So:
6
7 - Am I expected to run revdep-rebuild after every emerge -uavDN world now?
8 - If so, can we get more integration with emerge itself?
9 - If not, could future db upgrades grow an elog about revdep-rebuilding?
10
11 postfix breakage was pretty annoying because (a) email is a pretty
12 important part of servers, and (b) the postfix daemon itself kept
13 working, but all of the little child processes failed, thus making the
14 failure not as transparent as one might want.
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 Dirkjan