From: Stefan Jones <stefanajones@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Alcaltel USB ADSL modem
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 13:11:40
1 On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 18:33, amazari wrote:
2 > Hi !!
3 > Being very interrested in installing gentoo on my system (the post-bsdport system, the optmized bin i d build and so on...), I d like to know if there is a way to do it using an Alcaltel USB ADSL modem. If yes, How? If not, would it be possible to include all the needed things in a future release??
4 > PS : there is a gpl driver for it...
5 > Thanks in advance!
6 > Hope I ll get an answer from Ya ;)
7 > Ciao
8 I have managed to do this using an existing installation of redhat which
9 had the modem working. See the README.maintainer in the build bz.gz on
10 the install cd.
11 Getting it to work from scratch without a existing installation should
12 be possible if the kernel has the n_hdlc module included and the
13 revelant ppp tools/modules. You would have to compile the Alcaltel USB
14 ADSL modem somehow, probably using the gcc on the instal cd.
15 Best of luck
16 --
17 Stefan Jones