From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Slotted Lua + revdeps to be unmasked on Christmas Eve
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 20:01:41
1 On 12/23/20 1:14 PM, Aisha Tammy wrote:
2 >
3 > I've recently had the same problem for TACC/Lmod which uses
4 > autotools to get lua versions and lua.cpath and lua.path and did infact manage
5 > to push the horrendously large patch upstream -
6 > https://github.com/TACC/Lmod/commit/0913bf05dd7e8f478f69d5297e26d744ddb5073a
7 >
8 > Maybe something similar can work for your use case?
9
10 Yes, patching the build system works.
13 > The problem with just using -L/path/to/lua/lib/ -llua would be loading
14 > library at runtime, unless autotools is smart enough to actually change this
15 > CFLAGs into a -Wl,-rpath,/path/to/lua/lib -L/path/to/lua/lib -llua.
16 > I am not sure how intelligent autotools is to be able to do this or not.
19 We already add entries to /etc/ld.so.conf to make things like slotted
20 LLVM work.