From: Tom von Schwerdtner <tvon@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] libdbi ebuild
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 22:33:03
Hey all,

  This is my first ebuild, so feel free to tell me what I did wrong.

  FYI, libdbi is a C lib similar to DBI for Perl.

  One thing I'm not sure about, although you _can_ build libdbi without any
databases installed, it is pointless without plugins (mysql or postgresql
plugins which require that the respective db's are installed).  Making it
pass the apropriate configure options is no problem, but how might I tell it
to depend on _a_ database, but not a specific one?  is there a virtual/db
entry or how hard would it be to add one (who has to do it?)?

  Also, the docs are installed via 'make install', this will change since to
get the full docs (not default) you need doxygen which shouldnt be depended
on for a lib like this.....seperate ebuild for the docs ok?

File name MIME type
libdbi-0.6.2.ebuild application/octet-stream

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] libdbi ebilds (revised) Tom von Schwerdtner <tvon@×××××.org>