From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Heritage
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 00:10:54
1 On 08/05/06, Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o> wrote:
4 > I've been around since the beginning and have fond memories of Larry
5 > just like the rest of you. I wasn't planning on getting rid of him.
6 >
7 > In fact, I was planning on using him a little more for other things. I
8 > already used him for a custom error page[1] and was planning on working
9 > him into other places on the website. Presently the only place Larry is
10 > mentioned in any way shape or form is in that stupid (Yes, *STUPID*)
11 > poster on the about page.
12 >
13 > So, since Xavier bothered I will keep the stupid poster up....for now,
14 > but it is going away eventually and will be replaced with something
15 > better. What that "something better" is I don't know yet but .....
16 > "something".
17 >
18 > Just like everything else Gentoo related, it all takes time. So please
19 > be patient and don't get overly excited about little changes like this.
20 > It will all come together and be professional yet *still* be the wacky
21 > website that we all know and love. I promise.
24 > --Curtis
27 > [1]http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/error.html
30 We need larry, otherwise we would be another penguin in a sea of tuxes. What
31 else is there? Some reddish headwear device?