From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] [RFC] New metastructure proposal
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:53:42
1 Alexandre Buisse a écrit :
2 [snip]
3
4 My experience is limited to the gnome packages and just based on those,
5 your proposal is already not doable.
6
7 Gnome deps on :
8 - core glib/gtk packages, used by many other packages, including
9 "server" packages, but "owned" by the gnome herd
10 - dbus/hal, handled by gentopia
11 - fd.o packages, some handled by us, some by the x11 herd, some by
12 individual devs
13 - mozilla, ...
14
15 I could go on for a while ...
16
17 While some change in Gentoo could bring some fresh air, your proposal
18 would be impossible for us, and possibly worse for other teams/herds.
19
20 The current status quo for the gnome team is to work with all the other
21 herds on an as-needed basis, with some devs being proxies for the rest
22 of the team based on who gets along with whoever.
23
24 So far it seems to be working fine.
25
26 Hope my 0.02¤ worth of explanations weren't too braindead :)
27
28 Rémi
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list