From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Distcc and SLP - request for testing
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:14:42
1 On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 02:45:41PM -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Our policy for X is that if upstream won't accept it, we won't either.
3 > Perhaps you'd be interested in adopting that and convincing the reported
4 > to get upstream interested?
5
6 The mobile herd has the same policy. Of course, simple build related
7 bugs can be fixed without having the patch accepted by upstream first,
8 but stuff like new feature should be pushed upstream (and accepted)
9 before being accepted in the ebuilds maintained by the mobile herd.
10
11 Regards,
12 Brix
13 --
14 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
15 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd