From: Mathijs Kwik <troxx@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] devfs-problems and other boot/shutdown glitches
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:27:45
1 Hey everybody,
2
3 I fixed the problems that were related to devfs and also found some other small problems.
4 what to do? :)
5 well first of all you can remove /etc/rc.d/init.d/devfsd and their links in rc0 and rcboot.
6 then do the following:
7
8 # cd /sbin
9 # mv init init.real
10 # cat > init
11 #!/bin/sh
12 if [ $$ -eq 1 ]
13 then
14 mount --bind /dev /dev-state
15 mount -n -t devfs none /dev
16 /sbin/devfsd /dev
17 mknod /dev/initctl p
18 fi
19 exec /sbin/init.real $*
20 [Control-D]
21 # chmod a+x init
22
23 okay that part takes care of devfs
24
25 the other problems I found are related to the files /etc/rc.d/init.d/checkroot and checkfs
26
27 those don't include the line
28 PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
29
30 after the . /etc/rc.d/config/functions line
31
32 include it and no more problems with mounting and unmounting partitions+swapspace.
33
34 one other small thing I removed because it produced errors is in bootmisc... the lines that set the permissions on /dev/tty* stuff... as far as I can see devfsd takes care of this, I removed them, no problems found.
35
36 Greetings,
37 Mathijs