From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling compatible multi tools
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:25:48
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > How many people have both vim and nano installed?
3 > Or xine and mplayer?
4
5 well, i wouldn't say nano is doing the same as vi. There's a pretty big
6 difference. Also, those people who have both installed probably don't use both,
7 they just installed vi and didn't care to remove nano. And about xine/mplayer,
8 they're pretty different as well. I'm surely not stopping you from implementing
9 your idea, I just lack to see a real benefit.
10
11 Regards,
14 Simon Stelling
15 Gentoo/AMD64 Operational Co-Lead