From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Policy change] Package masking of live ebuilds
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 21:50:04
1 On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 08:52:59PM +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > The devmanual says about live ebuilds:
3 >
4 > | CVS ebuilds must be either with empty KEYWORDS or package.masked
5 > | (but not both). Empty KEYWORDS are strongly preferred. This applies
6 > | to "live" ebuilds (-9999) and to ebuilds that extract a static
7 > | revision but still use CVS for fetching.
8 >
9 > As of today, I count 2123 live ebuilds in the Gentoo repository with
10 > empty KEYWORDS and 1 (one) ebuild with non-empty KEYWORDS but
11 > package.masked.
12 >
13 > So, can we finally make empty KEYWORDS mandatory and drop the part
14 > about package.masking?
15
16 I'm all for this; live ebuilds should have empty keywords and not be in
17 package.mask.
18
19 On a side note, the subject of this thread is somewhat confusing because
20 it implies that you want to do the opposite. ;-)
21
22 William