From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:57:59
1 On Friday 19 May 2006 16:17, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > I can show you bugs where existing packages have invalid init scripts that
3 > just don't work with any baselayout version in portage. You could argue
4 > that they shouldn't be in the tree - if so then our imap server is
5 > foo-bared as it uses courier-imap. I suggest you check out bug #98745 for a
6 > clear definition of "support".
7
8 Bugs exist and should be fixed, but this is by no means an argument.
9
10 > I can also show you Gentoo scripts used by ifplugd and netplug with init-ng
11 > support in the tree right now. I guess that means that init-ng has some
12 > level of support right?
13
14 There will be always someone who goes ahead. Fact is that every dev who
15 maintains a package installing an init script is expecteted to do so for
16 baselayout, but is free to say no, when someone requests an initng one, as
17 long as it isn't the Gentoo default.
20 Carsten