From: Marc Hildebrand <zypher@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] question about non-dev submitting snapshot ebuild to bugzilla
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:58:57
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 23 May 2005 13:11:09 -0400 Mike Pagano <mpagano@×××××.com>
3 > wrote:
4 > | When a non-dev submits a snapshot ebuild to bugzilla what is the
5 > | proper method of providing access to the snapshot I created myself
6 > | that it installs.
7 >
8 > Well... I refuse to take user-submitted tarballs for security reasons.
9 > Instead, you should give the command used to create said tarball --
10 > use the svn revision id (or whatever) rather than HEAD when doing this.
11 > Dunno if other devs are equally untrusting... They probably should be...
14 I may add that I'd try to get and upstream-submitted tarball (preferably
15 checksummed). Lots of repositories build daily-snapshots so chances are
16 good to get one.
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list