From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev] EBUILD_FORMAT support
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:19:02
1 On Friday 26 August 2005 16:58, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:50:52 +0200 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | ps. People please be aware that this is still alpha in the sense of
6 > | not being complete. For better working it should probably support if
7 > | statements properly, and at least do variable substitution. It would
8 > | mean that the parser would have to retain a state etc.
9 >
10 > Isn't this pretty much a waste of time if it can't handle all the code
11 > in versionator? We're trying to move people away from ugly unreliable
12 > manual substitutions towards readable, maintainable code using the
13 > eclass...
14
15 With lack of variable substitution support I mean that it just forwards
16 the variable substitutions to the calling application (output). It should
17 probably also be made more aware of the variables that are allways
18 extended like USE and DEPEND.
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze