From: "Javier \\\"The_Paya\\\" Villavicencio" <the_paya@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (Not so) New Developer - The Paya
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 18:30:54
1 Chris White wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 06 September 2006 06:50, John Mylchreest wrote:
3 >> Hi Guys,
4 >>
5 >> I've been very slack about announcing some of our new guys recently, and
6 >> not least Javier Villavicencio.
7 >
8 > I'm too white for this.. how do you say your last name :(?
9 >
10 Something like Vee-yah-vee-cehn-cee-oh, all the hindu ppl at work ask
11 the same question (i don't dare to ask about their names tho), but it's
12 easier to say it by phone :+P
13
14 >> Javier, known on IRC as The_Paya, joined us to work on all aspects
15 >> Gentoo/FreeBSD plus anything else he can throw his skills at!
16 >
17 > Diego's gonna be bored
18 Can't answer that. But i think i can make sure he's currently not ^_^
21 >> Coming from Argentina he has an interest in fishing, high end hardware and
22 >> playing with imaging apps.
23 >
24 > You use those imaging apps to make the fish look 5x longer don't you :P
25 Yes, i'm only good at retouching, but it's still pretty hard to
26 photoshop 310 fishes at the end of a weekend all over a table (5 ppl 62
27 each more or less). Gotta find that picture now.
30 >> Javier has also done a great job of infiltrating yet another company
31 >> with production servers running Gentoo :)
32 >
33 > Did it involve Chuck Norris and roundhouse kicks?
34 I've made a python script that does that (with Chuck's facts), on the
35 intranet irc channel at work :+).
36
37 And there are two places (old jobs) where my gentoo servers are still
38 running so far, I *hope* they're afraid of Chuck roundhouse kicking
39 their servers if they try to replace them with something else. But i've
40 heard they tried with opensuse and debian so far without luck.
43 >> I'm sure I'm not the only one to throw thank-you's and welcome him on
44 >> board! Here's to a long and enjoyable involvement with Gentoo!
45 >
46 > thank you?
47 >
48 you welcome?